Anyone suffering from regular migraine attacks knows the kind of debilitating pain they cause. While there are conventional medicines available to reduce the pain, many people now want to use the best CBD oil for migraines to combat the condition naturally.
While advanced studies are still required to prove the exact impact of CBD oil on migraine and the products available are awaiting FDA approval, users vouch that it can be hugely effective. After all, almost everyone knows that CBD oil can effectively alleviate pain and inflammation.
So find out more about the best CBD oil for migraines.
7 Best CBD Oil For Migraines
- Hemp Bombs – “Best for New Users, Low Concentration, Great Flavors”
- CBDistillery – “Best Product Range, Trusted Brand, Great Quality”
- NuLeaf Naturals – “Best All-Round Oil, Quality Ingredients, Many Potency Levels”
- Joy Organics – “Best Flavor, Reliable Brand, Complete Entourage Effect”
- Endoca CBD Oil – “Best Blend with Raw CBD, Loaded with Natural Ingredients”
- Green Roads Broad Spectrum – “Best THC-free CBD Oil, Established Brand”
- Lazarus Naturals Classic High Potency CBD – “Best for all-round wellness, versatile”
For new users, Hemp Bombs CBD Oil is an excellent choice - with a combination of low concentration of CBD and incredible tastes for complete balance.
If you are new to using CBD, Hemp Bombs 300mg CBD Oil is one of the best CBD oil for migraines. It has a low concentration of cannabidiol which you can take all by itself or by mixing with some food/beverage. It also comes in a wide range of flavors that you’ll love!
- Excellent for reducing pain and inflammation
- Provides relief from stress and anxiety
- Great flavors that are appealing for newbies
- Readily available lab test reports
- Promotes overall balance and wellness
- The spectrum of CBD is not clearly mentioned
CBDistillery is one of the most trusted CBD oil brands, with a wide range of tinctures and CBD-infused products that can relieve pain and discomfort.
Are you suffering from regular migraine attacks and severe headaches? CBDistillery’s wide range of CBD products might have the answer. From tinctures to edibles, the products come with CBD oil infusion of different potency levels to suit your requirements.
- Excellent for pain relief
- Helps with sleep and relaxation
- Various types of products for all users
- Reports of third-party lab tests available
- Different types of products with and without THC
- Extraction method not clearly mentioned
A full spectrum CBD oil that’s loaded with the beneficial plant compounds, NuLeaf Naturals Full Spectrum CBD Oil is an ideal anti-migraine agent for you.
NuLeaf is a brand that everyone knows of – thanks to its high-quality CBD oil options. Its full spectrum tincture is a no-frills product that offers the perfect synergy of terpenes and cannabinoids. Whether you are a new user or a seasoned one, there’s something for you!
- Induces calmness and stress relief
- Excellent product for pain management
- CO2 extraction to retain the natural hemp plant properties
- Wide range of potency levels for all users
- Transparency maintained through lab test reports
- Expensive due to high quality
4) Joy Organics
A brand that you can trust blindly - Joy Organics can provide you relief from migraine, with Tropical Sunrise being one of the best anti-pain products.
Joy Organics is yet another reliable brand when it comes to CBD products. Tropical Sunrise is a USDA-Certified blend that offers a wholesome combination of various plant compounds. The coconut-and-pineapple taste profile makes it an excellent formulation.
- Helpful in reducing stress to provide calmness
- Great joint and muscle support agent and painkiller
- Vibrant tropical flavors of coconut and pineapple
- High-quality plant extract derived using a CO2 extraction process
- Available in various potency levels
- Expensive because of high-quality ingredients
A CBD oil that contains hemp plant compounds in raw form, Endoca Raw CBD Oil is an excellent formulation to help manage pain and headaches.
One of the best CBD oil for migraines and pain management – Endoca Raw CBD Oil is an excellent tincture. It contains only natural ingredients from hemp plants – all in raw form to give you all the authentic plant properties. It also has many vitamins and minerals.
- CBD+CBDa that support everyday wellness
- It helps manage pain and sleeplessness
- It contains hemp compounds in raw form
- Includes a wide range of healthy vitamins and minerals
- It can be taken sublingually and topically
- Lab test reports challenging to find
A broad spectrum CBD oil that offers all the benefits of hemp plant compounds without any harmful ingredients - Green Roads is ideal for pain management.
Green Roads is one of the oldest and most experienced CBD oil brands on the market. It offers options for a healthy and intoxication-free broad-spectrum CBD oil, an excellent formulation to alleviate everyday discomfort. Its nourishing ingredients are perfect for daily usage.
- It helps make an easy transition from stress to calmness
- Great for managing everyday pain, aches, discomfort, etc.
- Easy to adjust the dosage of the tincture
- Multiple potency levels listed together for easy purchase
- Vegan, gluten-free, and free from artificial additives
- Detailed information on hemp plant source unavailable
A versatile and simple formulation by a dependable brand, Lazarus Naturals Classic High Potency CBD tincture helps promote all-round wellness through physical and mental balance.
Lazarus is known for its wide range of products, of which the Classic High Potency CBD tincture is extremely popular. It is a full spectrum oil that people were suffering from regular headaches, migraine attacks, and stress use. It is a versatile blend for healthy living.
- Promotes relaxation and tension relief
- Reduces stress-induced headaches and pain
- Four flavor variants
- Various strength levels for all users
- Trusted brand with detailed test reports
- May cause allergic reactions due to tree nuts
How to Use CBD Oil For Migraines?
CBD oil for migraines comes in many forms so that you can use it according to your convenience. You can take the oil orally, inhale it, or apply it to the skin to alleviate the pain. The dose of CBD oil needs to be determined according to your innate power and the product.
Every person reacts differently to CBD oil, especially as new users. Plus, every brand produces a unique blend of CBD. So, besides consulting your physician and the brand’s dosage recommendations, it’s best to start using CBD oil in low doses and increase the intake gradually.
Let’s check out the best ways to use the best CBD oil for migraines.
A popular way of taking CBD oil is in the form of tinctures that can be taken sublingually. You have to take a few drops using a dropper of the product, place them under your tongue, and wait for a while to let the product get absorbed before you swallow the dose.
In this method, CBD enters your bloodstream directly, and its effects start to kick in within 20-30 minutes. It does not need to be digested or processed by the liver. Some sublingual blends are formulated such that you can also take them with your food or beverages.
Topical CBD oil can be applied to the skin to help deal with localized pain, especially headaches. You must know that the bioavailability is not too high. Yet, it is great for migraine sufferers because of how CBD interacts with and soothes specific nerves in the head.
These nerves release CGRP or Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptide, which is known to trigger migraines leading to headaches. It also stimulates the Endocannabinoid System. Thus, CBD oil in topical form can be helpful in reducing migraine pains and your suffering.
In addition to these, you will also find edibles infused with CBD oil – in the form of gummies, candies, etc. Since they have to be digested, they may take more time to show effects.
What to Look for while Buying the Best CBD Oil Migraines?
As you may know, there are many brands that produce CBD oil these days. Quite naturally, it’s easy to get confused. But the job of selecting the right product can become easy if you know exactly what to look for while buying the product. Check out the factors below.
One of the best ways to know that the CBD oil you’re buying is reliable is by checking the reports produced by third-party labs. The quality report of an independently tested product should be on the website with the details of hemp plant compounds. They should also give an insight into the level of THC, i.e., it should be less than 0.3%.
Check the potency level of the CBD oil at the time of buying so that it suits your needs. While it is best to start with a low dosage and continue to increase it over time, you should always choose the right blend. Otherwise, it may become challenging for you to adjust. Look at the product details and match them with your physician’s recommendations.
Full Spectrum/Broad Spectrum/CBD Isolate
Full-spectrum CBD oil comes with the combined effects of a wide range of cannabis plant compounds besides CBD. It also contains negligible amounts of THC. This is the most effective form of CBD oil, and broad-spectrum CBD oil comes close, with no THC. CBD isolate is pure CBD which is mild, with none of the benefits of other compounds.
Risks and Side Effects of CBD Oil
As it happens with health supplements, especially natural ones, CBD oil has some side effects. However, these are temporary and minor, and they don’t pose strong and permanent health risks. Some of the common effects of CBD oil, especially for new users, are –
- Dryness of mouth
- Low blood pressure
- Change in appetite
- Sleep pattern changes
One of the rare side effects is diarrhea. If you are under other medication, there’s the risk of drug interactions. So it is essential that you consult your physician first. It’s also crucial that you buy high-quality CBD oil to ensure that there’s no harmful ingredient.
Benefits of Using CBD Oil for Migraines
CBD is known to stimulate the Endocannabinoid System of the body. The ECS plays a vital role in balancing several physiological conditions of the body. It has been noticed that people who suffer from migraine pains have lower levels of endocannabinoid.
CBD is also effective in reducing pain and inflammation – which results in the alleviation of headaches. It can soothe the nerves that release CGRP, the peptide that is directly associated with migraine. Thus, CBD is highly effective for people with migraine issues.
Final Words on CBD Oil For Migraine
The exact effects of CBD oil in treating migraine are still being studied, and most of the reports on this subject that are available now are based on preliminary research work only. Yet, people who use CBD for migraines vouch that it is a natural tool to manage the problem.
If you have been suffering from migraine attacks all your life – and the standard treatment measures have failed to help, try CBD oil. You now know of the best products that you can use for this purpose. Hence, it will be easier for you to choose a pain-free life!
1) How can CBD help with migraines?
Preliminary studies say that CBD has the potential to act as an anti-migraine tool. It can reduce pain and inflammation, stimulate the Endocannabinoid System, and soothe nerves that produce the migraine-causing Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptide, thus helping to manage the condition.
2) Does CBD interact with any medication that I might be taking for migraines?
There is a possibility of drug interactions with CBD as it blocks the liver enzymes that process drugs. It can lead to an increase in the drug concentration in your body. This can happen with many medicines, including those that you already take for managing migraines.
3) Does CBD oil may help tension headaches?
Preliminary studies show that CBD is an effective tool for reducing pain and inflammation. Another impact of CBD is on stress and tension by calming your nerves. When the two effects come together, CBD oil can effectively reduce tension-induced headaches.
4) Does CBD promote relaxation?
Research shows that CBD boosts the activities of the Endocannabinoid System, which balances your body and manages various functions, including relaxation of your mind and body. CBD is also effective in inducing sleep, reducing stress, calming your mind, etc.
5) How much CBD oil should I take?
According to the WHO, a dosage of 100-180 mg of CBD per day is safe for you. It is a good idea to start taking 10-20 mg a day and monitor how your mind and body react to this dosage. Eventually, you can increase your CBD oil intake. You can talk to your physician first about it.